Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The gardener obviously quit

Hayes, Chooj and I arrived to a bushy 4 Feathers Farm Friday night. In jest, I said,"That gardener sure is lousy!" I was afraid to walk anywhere!

Fat Boy showed up Saturday morning. We thought he was gone for good but he lounged on the porch and let us pet him. He's not too feral then. It was just two summers ago that he was letting his fellow kittens nurse him. Weird. Weird, weird, weird.

My neighbor Bruce came to help me load farm gates and other stuff from the shed that we need at the Kentucky homestead. He told me Hohenwald had a bank robbery and it was "SO inside job!" What excitement! The robber lightend our local bank of $370,000.

Our phoebe turned her babies out and is sitting on five new eggs. We disturbed her terribly and I know she's glad we left.

Our rainwater catch is working great. Our cistern has more than 400 gallons of water in it!

No comments: